How to Apply – Prospective Faculty
We are pleased that you are interested in a faculty position at FIU. If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password before you can complete the application process. Please provide an active email account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your application status. Please be prepared to attach any documents as requested in the job announcement. Documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
1. You may use the search function or enter the specific job opening number referenced in the job announcement as your search criteria at facultycareers.fiu.edu and select the desired Job Title.
2. Review position and select “Apply Now”
If you have already created a username, password and profile, enter your user name and password then proceed to step 6. Otherwise please select “Register Now” to create a user account.
Enter required fields designated with an * (User Name, Password, Confirm Password, Email Address and Confirm Email).Please be sure to read and agree to the terms and agreements section before selecting “Register” to create user account. You will need the User Name and Password to access your application or to apply for any future position.
4. Select “Upload a new resume”, attach document and select “Continue”.
Enter descriptive title for your attachment such as CV your name then select “Continue”.
5. Create Profile.
Complete all sections of the profile including Preferred Method of Contact, Name, Address, and Phone so that you may be contacted by the search committee if needed. You must at least enter a Preferred Method of Contact and Phone Number. Select “Save”.
6. Complete Attachments.
a. If requested in the job announcement, please attach any additional documents in the Cover Letters and Attachments Section by selecting “Add Attachment”.
b. Identify attachment type/purpose and attach document. Select “Save & Add More” if additional documents are requested or ”Save & Return” once all documents have been uploaded.
7. Select your Highest Education Level
8. Enter reference information by selecting “Manage References”, then select “Add Reference”. Please be sure to include the specific number of references requested in the job announcement.
Once all references have been added and saved, select “Go Back” to return to application.
9. Complete the remaining required questions, then select “Save”. Your application will not be submitted for consideration until you select “Submit”.
Please provide the names and contact information for the number of references requested in the job announcement. These individuals may be requested to provide a reference letter.
Thank you again for your interest in FIU! Should you have any issues or need technical assistance during the application process, please call 305-348-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Questions relating to the position or required materials should be directed to the individual referenced in the specific job announcement.